Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_O_8SdVeTUYSBEChKomKcTCKwHF9st2FVo2XpEIdbIXs-NRNf9JEqiWQ_a5XA-Q8CtB_2>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:10:27 -0000

> And as for Jeff asserting that creativity is suppressed by such data
> is hogwash. 95% of folks just read or hear about these characters off
> stage.

OK Rob let me be very blunt. Many of the stats given in the books are just plain wrong. The Broyan character was written before we knew much about King Broyan. If we were to write him today, the stats would look VERY different. And then folk like you would complain.

And that suppresses creativity. Maybe not for you, but it does for several of the Gloranthan writers. I'd be much happier artistically exploring Glorantha and hopefully creating some useful background for you all (like Middle Sea Empire, History of the Heortling Peoples, the Guide to Glorantha, and so on), or create fun and insightful campaign material (like Blood over Gold or the Grand Argrath Saga), than to worry about providing half-baked, misleading and unnecesary stats.

Cheers -

Jeff