Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Mark Galeotti <markgaleotti_at_rEgyO2mdPhNaYQooydsZlyAgfFDbEJ5rPBAsB31Jq_AF6PRQK0xTswAoCdSO-T7>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:42:30 -0000

Tell me, has anyone been convinced to change their position in this debate yet?

A purely personal comment, but I confess I do despair about some of these seemingly interminable exchanges of views on this and similar Glorantha/HQ lists. I think the respective points of view have been pretty well rehearsed. FWIW, I'm with Jeff in that setting down stats and the like can and does cause problems for _writers_ further down the line, and I have no problem with just making up an ability and number on the fly. Conversely, I can understand where Rob, Mikko, et al are coming from. But there seems to be little meeting of minds, here.

I appreciate that some people relish the back-and-forth. Maybe it's just Friday morning world-weariness, but this kind of thing turns me off and tarnishes the experience of engaging with Glorantha as a whole. But, to use Jeff K's frequent closer, maybe that's just me...

Mark