HP Awards and Characer Advancement

From: paul_at_-1xpnWa-bAHGVXM5Th303InYrY1etIKLo45N5cCvZ51cprcgY2s24yEG8LUz72LUlR8UQ9d
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:04:08 +0100

Probably detailed discussion of this topic should go to one of the HQ lists, but I think the point can be raised here.

Under the current system groups that spend few HPs for Bumps can advance much faster than those that spend more, resulting in a disparity in ability levels that is rather awkward for written stats.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if awards depended in part on the number of HPs spent on Bumps to mitigate this effect - and to encourage players to spend HPs on Bumps, too. The more HPs spent on Bumps the bigger the HP award - possibly evne to the point of returning all HPs spent on Bumps, although I think that that would be excessive.

Probably it should be done on a per-character basis to avoid the problem cropping up within a game (which may not be a problem for everyone, but certainly could be a problem for some).