No More XP

From: Doyle Tavener <JavaApp_at_t6mzYp5HliR1xx1gg5i14PBQ14yI2tGUoA3-T5xm_W9A5FdBPDEwRvm0R1Z67KGfj8No>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:59:23 -0000

Since the focus of discussion has shifted to hard suggestions, I thought I would offer the following.
  1. Abolish handing out Hero Points as a form of experience points entirely.
  2. Award a single Hero point when you roll your skill number exactly.
  3. Add more options for making story based changes to your character's stats 'solid' by the expenditure of a Hero Point. (I know this already exists, but I think it should be expanded. Guidelines for the amount of Hero Points required for changes, based on the magnitude of the stat added or changed would be a start.)
  4. Add more guidelines for staging conflicts on the fly, like "Use the best combat ability +10 for a minor challenge, BCA +20 for an average challenge, etc."