Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_bkIhKuV8eeVk8oeHTLsK_MbTzEwn3R2JAyxkogI4lsuAMr-K9NFpBu1OFmE-V2X0HPZ>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:31:34 -0000

David Dunham alluded to something very similar. Myself, I don't need anything like this. Harrek is the most feared killing machine, but even heroes fall eventually. Actually, in the myths and saga's of the real world, it's quite important for the legendary warriors to die in a dramatic manner.

If, in my game, Harrek is falls in combat, or is poisoned by a treacherous lover, I don't have a problem with that. That's what I want, not invincible by story-fiat creatures.

Anyway, in Glorantha heroes tend to return from the dead. Just look at Jaldon goldenteeth, Arkat or Ironhoof of the beastmen.

I think a group of heroic people should have a chanse of taking down Harrek through deviousness, daring and combat prowess.

  -Adept