Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_9Pm68H_0OHuIpBpJYxnVK5uYGZAkOHzBDmjvCCn-9CxQ6H5IEXZ34jw1HKN21VABB9f>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:30:11 -0000

[Adept, being imprecise]
> >David Dunham alluded to something very similar.

[David]
> I certainly never said that. I apologize if you could take anything
> I said as an allusion to it.

I tried to find the relevant post but the clumsy Yahoo interface defeated me. I was referring to your comment that if the stats give the player characters a chanse to defeat Harrek they they (the stats) aren't doing a good job.

> Again: the default story role for Harrek is to be an invincible
> force of nature. But players can choose a different story role.

Thank you for the clarification. I don't usually think of RPG's as stories quite on that level (while they, of course are stories), so I didn't quite get your point the first time.

As for myself I don't like invincible heroes. Heroes take their chanses like everybody else, and if Harrek or Jareel unexpectedly falls in combat I'm sure my players will be appropriately shocked and sagas and songs will be written of his/her doom. Good gaming all around.

  -Adept