Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_qZtGMC3yP17_rTf59crjWIKxjiVIaz_CLyb-zpu3S4hX7pj-TuVPr5bssPi9Zlz_s5M0>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 21:24:42 -0000

> We donīt get much to know about they look, except a broad desrcription.
> BUT
> If you look at real world mythology you will find out that a hero is
a) a
> typical idealised version of our cultures clichee look, OR b) looks
like he
> is a stranger, but still is OUR hero.

Actually that is not usually the case (except for Greek mythology). Irish, Indian, and Scandinavian mythology and legends are filled with distinctive - and often even ugly - heroes. Frex, no one could say that Egil Skallagrimson was an idealized Icelander in appearance (dark and ugly was his appearance).

Check out History of the Heortling Peoples for some stereotypical descriptions of Orlanthi kings. All good kings have flashing eyes!

Jeff