Return to Glorantha

From: David Crowell <gpfdavid_at_MWBRVY67_8zatJUnP8Gb6leRYq3zODVetGorMYWhrGFnvs2GuPYEqkBGTQ57DMG-qJs>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:52:52 -0400

I am pondering a return to Glorantha after almost 20 years away. I still have most of the AH RQ3 material in storage, but nothing earlier or later.

Any recomendations on where to begin again? Mongoose RuneQuest and Second Age Glorantha, RQ3 using the AH rules and supplements, HeroQuest, scouring e-bay and the web for old Chaosium stuff?

I am drawn to Glorantha and runeQuest in general because I like that the game has a "theme" or themes. the nature of religion and the interaction of men and gods, Hero quests and the Hero Plane, the Bronze Age setting, and the depth of the world.

Any reviews of teh current state of Glorantha and where and what I might find it most satisfying to jump back in again would be most welcome.

cheers,

--dave