Re: The problem here [was: Epic NPCs and their stats]

From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_bFXUtwy05HOiEyxxirV5CzXvl0jSV7SzX0xOBv4UffZHzhFZv3bIRSGxhxcJ1oHuubR>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:17:40 -0500

valkoharja wrote:
> [Jeff]
>> But assigning a list of specific numbers - or thinking that an
>> description of abilities is exhaustive - is in my opinion just plain
>> silly.

> It seems very strange that the people who most loudly proclaim
> offiscial numbers as silly and needless, are the same people who
> wouldn't use the numbers in their own game anyway!!
>
> What's wrong with letting those of us who would like to have the
> numbers have our way.

Probably the same thing that's wrong with letting those of use who think the numbers aren't really useful have *our* way. Trying to reason like this is terribly pointless.

> Our game will benefit, and your own will not be
> effected in the least.

Maybe, maybe not. If those stats push out (due to space restrictions) other information *we* might find useful, then we are, in fact, being ill-served by their inclusion (Just look at how the Elemental Progression stuff got pushed into "Masters of Luck and Death" for space reasons).

> This seems like a rather nasty case of "my way of running HQ is right
> and all the others are wrong"

Of course you realize that your contention that they should be included is making the exact same case.

> Why put up such a fight against this?

I also find it very strange that you, who would ask "Why put up such a fight against this" would not see that you are just as stridently putting up a fight against those of us who think such stats wouldn't be as useful as other information that could be included instead.

Brian