Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at__WYC8bhtODajlvxY96bjuV7GYLDCdDOiznM_qllqaoEx-TJQiKwTTX-A7NO5RxXyj5sMTdK>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 06:33:45 -0700

YGWV   Mark Galeotti wrote:

> > Read the Gwandor Saga to see your friendly superhero's in action. I

> bet Martin and Wesley made up stats for

> > those guys.

> Wesley wasn't narrating and Martin made up stats on the fly -- he

> tended to adopt the principle of 'if I want this to be a challenge,

> I'll give the antagonist a one mastery advantage over the player-

> hero' rather than having pre-generated stats. So you lose your bet ;-)

Just for the record, that is what I did too, in my campaign. It's why the HP were spent so liberally on bumps. Also, I was not above killing even beloved PCs, so people made sure by usin their HPS thi way.

> > Let us have our candy! :^)

> It's not up to me whether you get your candy or not.

I'll have it in GAC, although I am going to be some people find some of it a bit spicy, some a bit peppery, and some too hard to enjoy. J

--Greg