Heortling Duels (in Heortland)

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_0nml9zUPWQKM1wKIYBeRei3SNU-eym-qK-L2v-TpkNQLNfO1zG9rg5_DQYIIwZaGIDa>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:34:18 -0000

In my game a young character has challenged her mothers killer to a duel to the death, and has been accepted.

How do the heortlings go about this? I would sort of think that Humakt is the guardian of such fights (or at least one option).

Things tend to be between clans, and violence tends to escalate. The resentment over the killing of her mother has had thirteen years to simmer, but there is no open feud as of yet. I was wondering how likely is it that the duel will in effect be the champions battle, and that both clans warbands that are there to witness the duel will be itching to be at each other's throats.

Is the viking Holmganga the way to go here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmganga

  -Adept