Re: Heortling Duels (in Heortland)

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_9NSKeHqyCgzmpkSVn9ox7J350ed2i82Kr0sFZiIXAkj-L97ivAXo9m4OHzUBScg4>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:08:34 -0400

On August 21, 2007 09:41 pm, donald_at_TLPYssBz8G-ZAlt-wurNiNTePKxS8iBgP-oWdJgMGBvgV5Hcbt9r65QrhRrUclsxZgSR-RyvEFbFt3cRA3zWPo8c.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> I don't see the latter happening. For a start where do all those
> Humatki come from?

That's why I said "if appropriate". They wouldn't come out for it specifcally, they would have to already be there for a reason. (I just like the image of a circle of death.)

> And why? Someone who runs from such a fight
> is a coward who has lost all honour. Not worth killing although
> if their opponent does hunt them down later it's perfectly
> acceptable.

True.

> >If it's a fair duel, I'd expect the gods or war to favour the clan
> >whose member won the duel, if it comes to general battle.
>
> I would have thought in such a formal duel both clans would swear
> oaths to abide by the result.

It sounds like Haran can't be sure of keeping his clan to that oath even if they win.

> The biggest risk I can see is the
> losing clan claiming the winner cheated. Maybe an independant
> Humatki to rule on such claims would prevent that.

Possibly. A humakti referee seems possible, as they are not truly kin of either clan.

LC