Clarification still - about the duel

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_dEmwUimZ4s-WrR4PXQ1tzClhdMDHKV9bEEmC15gXAsZC6pmRfep-WQ47rLVyhqs4twh>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:14:41 -0000

My idea with the duel, and the themes of this game, was that the two clans are actually usually in good terms. One worships Yinkin and the other Odayla as their most important God. There is a lot of friendly rivalry, and some cattle raiding, but the clans are by no means enemies.

The tragedy happened because Yina's clan managed to create demigods. Some were supposedly kittens, and some babies. Stealing a baby was too extreme, but the Mountain Goat clan decided that they should have at least one of the divine kittens, so as not to be overshadowed by their rivals. The kitten-raid went wrong, and there was blood spilled between the clans.

Letting the children (and kittens) grow up and help decide what to do about it was chief Haran's attempt to avoid a feud. Ultimately it seems to have worked out. Yina and her siblings got their vengeance, no more people had to die and important resourses have not been wasted. Life is pretty dangerous there between the Kitori and the Print, and the two clans pretty much need each other.

I may be off my mark here, but I was pretty pleased by the themes and how it all played out. The players got a lot of excitement, in addition to the duel, by working out the law, invoking gods in preparation and the antisipation that the whole thing could blow up and become an all out battle between the clans!

Pretty pleased indeed,

  -Adept