Re: Murdering raiders

From: nick_at_2bm2pEK0wq5l7AANiFEh87XvOCMJJfY0sB47-WskNs6RgPhIpC43nsyKFoWL7CQBO72uoA-
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:32:34 +0100

akuma_at_qG36jp5ouGUArsdqrZKKfFEismuiL9MVvG7rhAV_deKhcq8Q685jm2UDuIHid13vaov5HYbc-Q.yahoo.invalid wrote:
> Hello you all!
>
> I was wondering wether it was punishable or not to kill while defending one's
> tula against raiders from another Orlanthi clan. In this case, does wergild
> apply or not?
>
> The defender was a humakti gest who was fighting alone against six people
> (including a weaponthane).
>
> Thanks for any clarification.

I think you're making a fundemental mistake here. A guest who helps defend his host's property and kills in the process is not a murderer. Perhaps there might be grounds for fueding if the killing were particularly brutal, surrenders were refused etc, but even then, that's what you get if you pick a fight with a Humakti.