Re: Humakti temples

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_267Ay1rj-D9FSe3aFd94kEVJ9l5BLpjpJUNWuMRNhGPMocnzWEQY-6IeOmMMBxeo0w_>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:33:28 -0000

[Donald Oddy]
> This maybe my Gloranthan varying but I see Humakti having closer
> links to clans than just as warriors. They are also called on for
> rituals involving death - Harvest Day, Slaughter Day and Death Day.
> The Humakti called on are usually from the Clan warband rather than
> outsiders. I can also see Humakti attending funerals, maybe not
> all but those who can afford a gift, to see the soul is properly
> severed from the body.

Humakt is indeed a part of the pantheon, according to the stories the God himself is pretty much re-sheathed and has his place as Orlanth's champion.

What about the whole initiate/devotee/disciple thing? Is it initiation or devotion when you cut yourself away from kin (and away from the cycle of rebirth)? If severance happens at devotion, I would think the initiates are still a part of their clan. Dedicated warriors and a little strange, but still kith and kin.

  -Adept