Re: Humakti temples

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_oySSdiUMoQAQ_LiciRNcCUxea7Gy9AEclBMxCSGubFYL8ulHQ08k3BUiuI6A9cTsB-_uq>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:46:23 -0700

> What about the whole initiate/devotee/disciple thing? Is it initiation
> or devotion when you cut yourself away from kin (and away from the
> cycle of rebirth)? If severance happens at devotion, I would think the
> initiates are still a part of their clan. Dedicated warriors and a
> little strange, but still kith and kin.

You Sever yourself at initiation. (ST 95).

Basically, you have two kinds of Humakti - Resheathed ones that would fight in the clan warband, and Severed ones that are *only* responsible to their temple/Humakt. Having a temple of Severed Humakti on your land is a double-edged sword (Hah!). Just how common is resheathing is something you have to decide in your own campaign. Not that a Resheathed Humakti *is* expected to pay wergild, just like a normal person (with all the caveats that go along with it - assuming he loses the court case and can't muster up the armed force to ignore the plaintiffs when they come collecting, etc.).

RR