Re: Humakti temples

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_ce2dQHidoZDNHfDx2VltZ-5v_Wnjg59OeBZSJ0EPLWTdoJ10uNR8lb8a8rcMq2fJfR7k>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 07:54:47 -0000

> > Is that true across Glorantha or just in Maniria?
>
> Is what true across Glorantha?
> > Discussions of Carmenian Humakti have indicated they have a
completely
> > different definition of honour.

> I am unfamiliar with these discussions.

I'm with Greg on this. I doubt the Carmanian Humakt has a completely different definition of honor. Different aspects might be emphasized, but I suspect it is the same basic Humakti honor.

> Well, officially, Harvest Day is a womens' holy day, so the Humakti
> would b on the outer ring, guarding it from outsiders.

Like on most holy days - however, I think that the presence of Humakti in any ritual or ceremony that invokes Life is going to be extremely circumscribed and taboo laden. In fact, I suspect that there are some cults of which the devotees are forbidden to even see Humakti on certain days.

> They may well oversee Slaughter Day.

Possibly. However, I do think on nearly every holy day Humakt is invoked as the God of Boundaries - the divider between this realm and the other realm.

Jeff