Re: Holy Country 1616 - the Evil Year

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_T2o5-o1N19UX47xlBmVuw8ONYphTO1Dl3Tyw28nSWdfkS2D3P7OOrUcR0ntMrZEaB-tJ>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:24:29 -0000

> > I'm curious how much cultural impact their long alliance with the
> > Middle Sea Empire and Slontos had on the Caladralanders.
>
> Caladraland might be best described a 'special case', in that the
> alliance was conducted through the peculiar medium of such
> theomancers as Moray and Telerio, and their adherents. The Volcano
> Twins cult they formed, and that magically controlled Caladraland, is
> unique. Reconciling it with other writings on the MSE can be
> difficult, as the Twins cult derives from a very early picture of God-
> learnerism in practice, and one not written by Greg [1].

All absolutely true. My question wasn't about big mythic issues - but pertaining to lesser issues of color. For example, are there still Lhankhor Mhy temples in Storos, Thoros and Low Temple? LM is not a native deity, but would likely be the source of literacy. Or is literacy controlled by strange sorcerous occultists - fractured remnants of old Slontos?

We know that Belintar has reimposed the old MSE system of Governor, Deputy and Companion over each of the Sixths. Did Caladraland largely preserve this system of organization from the Second Age so that Belintar reforms were minor and subtle?

I'm curious about the superficial influences, more than the substantive.:)

Jeff