What is your story was Re: Terror in War - Short

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_0p1L9Dw9Vpi7kL6XSPLNHXbct9cRzlKkIkRxKEqXgln4lN7gQhPje-wf_DHVkfQauIo>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:17:34 -0000

[Adept]
> > ...since I think the mythological and magical blowback on
> > Glorantha will have serious implications to Heortlings
> > committing such atrocities.

[Bryan]
> Hmmm, except I think the mythological and magical blowback, if any,
> is entirely dependent upon the subjective world and cultural
> relativism. That is, I would think that there will only be blowback
> if, by the standards of Glorantha and Kallyr's gods, what she did
> was an atrocity.

Uh, no. That is, that is neither subjective nor a case of true cultural relativism. When you use the words "standards of Glorantha and Kallyr's gods..." even you are obviously thinking that there are such standards and that they aren't dependent of Kallyr's own views and morals. If it was just a question on whether Kallyr feels quilty or not, then it would be a subjective issue. If it was just a question of the morals of Kallyr's culture, then it would be a cultural relativity issue, but I don't think that is true either.

But I guess that's enough out of me on this subject,

  -Adept