Re: Gloranthan Timeline/History

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_lYB_UpGkIg4cZqX20F4mq5pm-HHNuo7ukRwM-ELKIOZ-UuVTXxxxV7keHIKYie-OF8s>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 07:06:36 -0000

Mike:

> I have the original Runequest (boxed edition, paperback with green
> cover). I am thinking about starting up a game, if I can find
> players. I am curious as to what has happened to Glorantha since
> last played and was hoping this group could direct me to somewhere
> (site?) that has a comprehensive timeline/history.

Try Peter Metcalfe's Timelines at
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/TimelineMetcalph.htm - they are the best I've seen.

> Could anyone steer me to a single sourcebook that has the history?
I've
> seen several lists which for the most part involve multiple
volumes.

Cults of Terror and Trollpack have good timelines/histories. The trouble is, many supplements have given timelines/histories of different areas at different times, so the histories are very fragmented.

The Unfinished Works are good, but can be confusing and contradictory. A lot of the HQ supplements don't have a lot of history as they concentrate on present day Glorantha. History of the Heortling Peoples has a lot of history, but isn't always very clear.

I'd look at Peter's Timelines as they are very good and very comlete.

See Ya

Simon