Re: A question about Pent for Mr. Galeotti

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_qNvQ8nlrqYh9yLGJB-toCwBYVf76N0FySAHlrLSKlxYntiavNK7tKy2yPXXVCDwL70sQ6J->
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:48:01 -0700

YGWV  Jeff Richard wrote:

> Here's a question for you in your role of Mr. Redlands.

I'll put in a comment as Mr. Glorantha.

>I am curious
> about your thoughts regarding the Pentans and their religious
> practices. In particular, I have been wondering the role of Yelm
> (or is it Kargzant) is for the Pentans.
First, dismiss the thought that the people of Pent are homogenous. Multiple cultures exist there, united in their nomadic lifestyle but little else. Some worship the Kargzant pantheon, some worship others.
> Additionally, I am curious to what extent the Pentans act as an agent
> of cultural diffusion between Peloria, Prax and Kralorela.

There is contact between the nomads and the peoples to both sides. The example of Sheng Seleris, who conquered the civilizations on both sides of Pent is the most significant example of their widespread influence. I modern times no monolithic organizations units them, but caravans cross the plains between the Redlands and Kralorela. The merchants must negotiate with the tribes along the way, and be cautious of the remnant cultures in the ruins of Ignorance, but they exist.

--Greg Stafford