Re: for the record

From: Rob <lamorak33_at_ug2kh0BGqhnqpNkaxZAF3GJwzn2rdkUkyH0vbim1voi2AnVAIb7xORk9xehwBcFSYi>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:47:15 -0000

I think thats right for a published scenario. Can you imagine the criticism our game would recieve from church groups and the like! Imagine, a Gloranthan scenario book banned for scenario's devoted to the worst excesses to be found.

In my game the players brought that all to the table anyhow! On finding a clan mate crucified by Lunar tax collectors they saved her, of course. When they found out the tax guys were to return in a weeks time and they expect to see her still up there, the inventive solution the players came up with was go to the nearest settlement with Lunars and kidnap and murder a Lunar woman, butcher her to make her unrecognisable and nail up the corpse! When the warriors that accompanied the player hunter on said mission, they refused to murder a woman. Hunter guy relents and murders an innocent Lunar merchant instead.

He eviseratd the corpse and nailed it up. I was pretty shocked, but later in the campaign that hunter met the eviserated man's spirit in the underworld while on a CA resurrection heroquest. He remonstrated with the hunter guy, who actually went back and supported the merchants family for the rest of the campaign. He never revealed that the reason he did so was that he killed her husband.

And don't get me started about their raiding strategies against the Lunar camp when they were holed up in Whitewall. It was fascinating that, given the choice, the players gravitated more to Gyffur's camp, than Kallyr's, and that was even though Gyffur's band (a right old bunch of pirates in my game) were universally despised by all the remaining occupants in Whitewall.

Regards
Rob