Re: for the record

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_ocDFl1XSIqrZYaIkkUvgUqnyk3Idt1smDqa7eQeYrzCPBlaFLrJMJsF9DiDcDEAkqu4H>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:29:56 -0000

> I don't have it in front of me, but I seem to recall Barbarian
> Adventures saying that the Orlanth War (open battle), and Yinkin War
> (raids and ambushes) have both pretty much ended, and only the Ernalda
> War (passive resistance, sabotage, sand in the grain, etc) continues.

Hmmm. here's what I read on pg. 38:

Sword Rebels: These commandos have left behind their normal lives to oppose the Lunars directly. They destroy key targets, harass troops, and kill Lunars whenever they can get away with it. It is an aggressive and dangerous life, and most do not survive for long, but this is a way of life in occupied Sartar.

And in OiD we get Kallyr doing the following:

  1. Lunar Empire invades northern Heortland. King Broyan beseiged inside Whitewall. Kallyr returns to the Quivini tribes, continues her guerilla and commando activities. Winter: In Whitewall with Broyan.

BTW, here's a little bit from pg. 28 on the ethics of fighting outsiders:

"We follow [do not?] Humakt's laws in war against outsiders. They are not like us, do not understand our ways, and are not worthy of our honor, customary rights, or mercy. We may make false oaths against them, use poison or send diseases against them, or betray without fear of our own gods' reprisals. We know from experience that they swear false oaths, use poison and send disease against us, and betray us at the worst times. That is simply the way of the world since the Dawn of Time."

Jeff