What is your story was Re: Terror in War - Short

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_iPqxujEowCIBmwFGFx4UAWyVpJVw3hWcffak7qiy7g0F7scX8kW7Hn3vpLXv5zy>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

     I'd like to thank Ian Cooper for his well-written and on-the-mark post. My own position has changed during the week that this subject has been running. My initial reponse to a list of killings committed by Kallyr and her band was, "The hell she did those!" I still believe that I have good reasons for thinking not, in my interpretation of Gloranthan societies, myths and theology.

     However, while in our game a Kallyr who was known to have killed many Sartari (including, allegedly, many women and children of her own tribe who took food and shelter from the Lunars during the Fimbulwinter) would not then qualify as Prince of Sartar, that's not to say that others can't see it happening.

     Rather than state categorically that such-and-such didn't happen, I think it's much easier to decide that even if you read that certain things definitely did happen, there may well by a story behind the 'facts' that is fascinating and worthwhile investigating and playing out. I recall the looong series of posts on interpretations of bits of 'King of Sartar' as an example of what agile minds can do with any written source.

     So, I will probably toss in a couple of further posts on this topic, as I find the possibilities in it to be potentially germane to our own campaign, and because it's a very interesting period in Heortling and Sartari history, but otherwise it's MGWV.

     I hope that other GMs will be inspired to post scenario ideas that could be of use to the community. Always like to hear what others come up with, and it spreads some of the work around, too!

Alison

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase. http://farechase.yahoo.com/