Rightarm Islanders

From: simonbrayuk_at_IAJS1_QJDighurAiZ5YwaGlj0jh00e-bWn8EHHAO9bv8NA8_pnDhKPqWyZMhBiqT
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 04:40:41 EDT

Hi,

 A couple of points...

I am inclined to agree with Mr Dunham and had imagined that the majority of the Rightarmers onboard the Kethaelan fleet were in positions of command, although I imagine some of the Rightarmers would have worked below decks too. However the losses still made an impact, removing the cream of Rightarm Islanders sailing skills from the navy and many widows back home. Joining the Navy is of course one way of escaping the humdrum life of fishing, however as a relatively conservative people, they enjoy the humdrum.However it is a great loss all the same.

I also beleive that followers of Pelaskos, descended from the Rightarm Islanders are found throuhout Choralinthor Bay, wether these groups are truelly Rightarmers or if they have regional variations is up for debate. For example Pelaskos seems to have several wives, throughout Maniria, so regional cult variations may create cultural divisions.

I am not sure what Martin Hawley's take on this is...my thinking is a bit fluffy and I don't have my notes at hand. I am sure we made references to the damage caused by Harrek, Seapolis was severely ransacked, if you look at the maps we did several whole sections were destroyed, including one of the two great drydocks. Many of the population of the city fled back into the marshes. I  think Gene Day even did a picture of this assault in one of the old supplements.

Simon