Re: Rightarm Islanders

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_y19AsxliskUSp2_BrwBKHs7YVxCAcWUIq9kNChwia-fnDw912mDyP0z4opL7i>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:37:51 -0000

Simon:
> I also beleive that followers of Pelaskos, descended from the
Rightarm
> Islanders are found throuhout Choralinthor Bay, wether these groups
are truelly
> Rightarmers or if they have regional variations is up for debate.
For example
> Pelaskos seems to have several wives, throughout Maniria, so
regional cult
> variations may create cultural divisions.

Greg's demographic maps note 5000 'miscellaneous fishers' just to the south and west of the Right Arm Islands, where they pass into the Caladran coast. A further 4000 are strung along the black sands further west.

Unlike the majority of Caladrians [see below], they enjoy a more pacific relationship with the Sea, knowing more of its rites and rituals. Their own tribal and clan 'gods', and forms of worship, feature more elements akin to Right Arm Islander practise, and I've suggested the potential for greater cultural links with their insular neighbours.

They are distinct from other Caladralanders, who, while hot-headedly claiming to be "big great fishermen", lack such bonds with the Sea. Their boats are outfitted as military expeditions, with chanting priests and nervous spearmen (and -women) keeping an eye out for Wachaza's demons. Their nets collect the pre-cooked fishies boiled alive along the Poison Shore.

Stew.