Re: Odaylans amongst the Orlanthi

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_Ar88XJPjnCnqHT3Yc7pTF060y-PhbaHk4z-ltOKlAXa4OVLtekCaYAJpe6JRbch8o490c>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:41:03 -0700

> I have a clan in my Glorantha where Odayla is the most important deity
> and a key part of their identity. I've seen this more as "bear
> worship" than such extreme loner behaviour.

That's more the way Odayla/Star Bear occurs in Sylila, where the Star Bear/Odalya has a *much* bigger influence.

But sure, I could see a "Descendents of the Bear*" clan having a ancestor-worship-like connection to Odayla. It's just not the case in the vast majority of Odaylans in Dragon pass. <Orlanthi All> Odaylands are loners/mountain-men.

*I won't say "Clan of the Care Bear". Really, I won't. See, I didn't.

RR