Re: Rightarm Islanders

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_txdP1abfqeY9qfULsVL_vqvWrneNMSJCNPCUFYdsqj1n1sZ-sZy96hWrN_aXuE1XNx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:46:40 -0000

I have no idea what the positions would be called in the case of galleys, but I'm sure they'd have one--the equivalent of the centurion or NCO. I know in the big "war canoes" the lead paddler on each side was key, but I have no idea in galleys. In Glorantha I'm sure that there is magic associated with this task.

It is those people that I think the RAI would provide, the people who are used to turning a group of people into a crew, and who have the right skills and magic to be able to do so repeatably. How many of those people were lost in the fleet sinking may be key in how well the navy recovers--there are functionally an infinite number of Esrolian peasants with strong backs, but if you don't have skilled trainers you'll never get a good crew out of them.

--Bryan