Re: Greetings

From: David Dunham <david_at_uJna3Ao2I17sasZFcr8XspFnOloLYBV2HcCeDwRtZmy9Fjq-j8rWd5JFWBLa67LAF8xHYm>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 18:24:10 -0700

Evan

>It seems I am picking it back up, mostly motivated by the fact that I
>may, in the foreseeable future, get to go back to gaming because my
>kids are getting old enough to play.

Welcome!

I introduced a couple of my nieces and nephews to HeroQuest. I stripped the rules way down (no magic system, only one augment, no skills within keywords, only simple contests) so we could get started quickly. This would probably work well for younger players even if you did have more time to explain things.

I'd also use HeroQuest because it encourages their overall creativity, rather than the within-rules problem-solving that RuneQuest fosters.

--

David Dunham