Re: Trader Princes question

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_i1lddHqfbAe4XhvKsRfFqqPTUP345HxLhDKkKHkMcmlM6HKkoccXkTRdA76iOmsw>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 20:07:47 -0000

Jeff :

> Hey Jeff:
>
> > For example, the town of Yellowstone is
> > about 1000 people plus surrounding farms and steads. These would
have
> > some following of the Church. Among the Trader Princes it is very
> > much expected and many of the surrounding people also worship in
it
> > as well - it is rather inclusive.
>
> Sure. So the Ashura Church permits worship of gods and spirits
> alongside the Invisible God and its saints. Probably theologically
> indefensible, but pragmatically necessarily (and probably explains
the
> appeal of Rokarism to some Malkioni in these mixed areas).

Hrm, I keep on witnessing some V. V. interesting synchronicity (if that's the word) of people's thoughts about this area of Glorantha. _Weird_ synchronicity ... maps especially ...

My own house game version (of some 10 years ago +) of Yellowstone stood in two parts on a sundered hill over a bend in the river, hill sundered of course by the cataclysm, summit (smaller, North) hill inhabited by Trader princes, lower (larger, South) hill (connected to upper by bridge, and other more exhausting hill-climbing means for the less opulent) inhabited by local tribe big-wigs, lower, Riverside parts of town by river folk and other such scum and riff-raff...

Vestiges of GL organisation, but generally speaking dominance of tribes people over the upper class snooty people of the upper city - these last however maintain an aloof benevolence towards these uncooth disrupters of all trade routes not passing through Yellowstone. And give them their due percentage.

Greymane ?

Fine chap, excellent savoir-vivre, wonderful raconteur, life of the party !

Also many vineyards, plus some grain fields in the local vallies, but basic needs only met by trade and by judicious raiding by Solanthi "enemies" who get good rates for their swag from inhabitants of the lower city --- and make sure that the other less-travelled trade routes are not quite so safe as those leading through Yellowstone ...

Julian Lord