Re: Lightbringer Religion

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_NAAefrzOCEF6jqolXA9F1XBjn5UwJGIQISfcRLG1P83AibLObj1NclxGZ8AEuZQCLaQ7_>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:46:37 -0000

Many of these things were co-oped by the GL due to their usefulness. The Cult of Issaries and Tradetalk being one well known example.

> Exactly. I think they are probably more firmly embedded in the
Storm Tribe
> areas compared to anyone else, but do show up in lots of places.
This despite
> the GL pushing them (especially LM). Lokarnos really doesn't seem
to fulfill
> many of Issaries' functions. Same with Buserian and LM. They are
around, if
> less prominent, in my eyes.

But the Dara Happans, where these cults are found, are very enamoured of their native gods. According to the literature, they have purged their society of foreign influence on more than one occasion. Some of the examples cited in GRoY are fairly extreme.

Jeff