Re: Rightarm Islands - a word about the ships

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_g1IOOIN6y9KNKAl4jaczDC_NMgN-KHD05GSrN32BU92QPdKoy-h7xE-0iUVJAeTMWue>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:24:56 -0000

[Donald, to Adept]
> I don't know where you get the idea of pirate galleons in Glorantha
> from. I haven't seen anything remotely resembling them because
> that design is based on cannon rather than ramming.

I was referring to earlier discussions on how gamers expect square rigged ships and sailors climbing masts instead of oar powered ships, and hence Gloranthan sailing has to reflect such expectations. I think this was discussed a lot when Men of the Sea was in the works, and when it was published.

  -Adept