Re: Loose ends (*WARNING BoG spoiler alert*)

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_DDR1GHQ4hXzIMJT-e1xDQIUwsEz-yw1PtPKexGWUXEbS936w19w5KXf52Yu7Cp50my8VT>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:00:08 -0000

Glad you liked it. Here's some possible answers. Again, spoilers.

Plot thread. Olene and the Puppet Show were parts of longer sub-plots that I deleted to conserve space during one phase of the editing process and I neglected to put them back in. Olene might get murdered when Rouzenys charming wife finds out about their affair. Or she might become a love interest for one or more heroes, or she might fall into Illnypas's clutches for knowing too much.

> Who built / was in the barrows? I thought the tusker spirits came
> from those killed in the battle with Rouzenay..

It't the the burial mound of the tusker raiders who terrorized the area years ago. I believe this is mentioned in the text. In short, the Wenelians (with the help of Caroman mercenaries) massacred the Tuskers and their steeds and then heaped the bodies up and buried them with curses to keep their spirits from haunting the area. Sadly, it stopped working when Illnypas got into the picture.

> Stats for the kids would be nice...

Hmm. I didn't think they were all that necessary as they are really involved in the plot except as maguffins. I don't like giving stats for characters that are off-camera for the entire adventure. It's hard on the already tight page-count. Again, this is an artifact of the originally very tight word count.

The Twins:
Trader Prince Brats 12, Get into Trouble 5w, Cute 17

Everything else is plot device.

> "This amount is doubled if the heroes recommend using Ilnyapas'
> methods to locate truffles." Erm, which is?

The amount of the bonus to House Resources given in the previous paragraph. The bonus varies depending on how the players advise the Prince to harvest the Truffles - bringing in the locals cuts into the profits *but* reduces any ill-will.

Jeff