Ideas for game - travelling through Heortland in the summer of 1600ST

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_u9BAdsL0Fn7d0wCkCKOo2n648K_N72kv-Q2zZr5XEQPoDiNa_GA2sTFqjYQhLw5gX3e>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:16:54 -0000

The caravan of the Esrolian goldentongue in my game is travelling south through Heortland. At the moment the caravan is on the northern side of the Footprint, and they'll have to swing around it

My players have asked that the next few games focus on the familiar (to the characters, not the players yet) culture of Heortland, so that they can get a feel for the differences when the caravan reaches Aeolian areas, and later God Forgot and then southern Prax.

The time is Fire Season, 1600ST. The Holy Country is still experiencing it's long period of peace, but ravens are gathering over Sartar. The characters will soon hear rumours of the ominous crowning of prince Salinarg.

I suspect I'll have to run a fairly action driven game, so the weaponthane characters can have their trial by fire. The scorpion men are a fairly easy choise. I wonder if they are too predictable? I'm sure the vicinity of the Print has quite a few outlaws, ogres and other nasty people to make trouble.

I've been thinkign about the nature of the Print. I suppose the sides are mostly very steep, and I don't think the scorpion men are very good climbers (at least on vertical cliffsides!). Is the threat of the print only through the petrified forest, or do the nasty critters also climb out along the sides? Also do the scorpionmen dominate the print compleatly, or are there significant amount of broo there also? Parhaps the broo are crucial since the Bagogi need sentient sacrifices for reproduction.

Uh... any ideas are quite velcome :)

  -Adept : feeling stuck and hoping "History of the Heortling Peoples"

           arrives soon.