Re: Ideas for game - travelling through Heortland in the summer of 1600ST

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_Fb_gboWaG5XeJbg2OPX1yPKMzDwIyA9FC3VYsap11VxJ4P8n851I0mf2T6zbrwsVSjE>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:11:36 -0000

I had missed this. When is the tournament supposed to have happened? Is the Pharaoh (temporarily) dead in the summer of 1600ST, or does he only leave his burnt-out body after the winner of the contest has been settled? I've gotten the impression that he first dies, and is waiting on the other side for the winner of the contest.

Damn! I'll have to do some retrofixing. The tournaments are a Big Thing for Kethaelans afterall, and it's odd that I haven't mentioned it at all. Parhaps I'll have to move it a bit.

I'm also not quite clear on how the succession happens in Sartar. Apparently one has to be of the dynasty (bloodline?) of Sartar, but there obviously isn't a line of succession like in an european monarchy. I wonder if the closest analogue wouldn't be how the heads of Orlanthi bloodlines are chosen. The stead of that bloodline just happens to be the whole of Boldhome, and the traditional authority is that of the Warlord of Sartar.

  ***

Thank you for ideas everybody. I think I'll adopt the scenario "Banes" from Thieves Arm. A vingan PC who recently joined the caravan has outlaws as the traditional enemy of her clan. I could go with that.

  -Adept