Re: Ideas for game - travelling through Heortland in the summer of 1600ST

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_9caFsaZzf2GPAQd5owUpeZLPtIoCxag-mUe5jcBfz72fhqQpTgV2U2tAZZHQnSgJWmv>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:46:54 -0000

Ten?? where on earth (so to speak) did people have ten children that lived? Assume something like three to six children parhaps. The princes of Sartar led dangerous lives and often didn't live to a ripe old age, so the figure could be even lower.

> Several of the actual princes seem to have been selected at birth
> so it's probably very similar to how the European monarchies
> selected the next ruler in the medieval period - oldest politically
> acceptable son then brothers etc. Politically unacceptable heirs
> disappearing either voluntarily or compulsorily.

I don't see how that fits with the general Heortling model at all, nor is that the feeling I get from reading KoS. Later, during the rebellion the key seems to be interacting with the Flame of Sartar. I'm pretty sure there is some consensus involved in selecting the prince. Propably he, or she, has to be somebody acceptable to both the tribal kings of Sartar and to Sartar's flame.

  -Adept