Re: Holayan resources?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_J9LT-zwaMsHzBZ2Z_b9cZnXrJ66x-GRTytAsocbetkSxEgBdRP4hEjFj7VotQyxclztT>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:46:23 -0000

> Is Holaya a solely local phenomenon? I am trying to see if any of the
> magical keywords I have already (ie the Ernalda the Queen aspects)
> will work, or whether I can get some ideas for the themes of a new
> keyword.

In some old discussions that Greg, Harald Smith and I had, Holaya was a goddess associated with the horse goddess Redalda. Currently, I am playing around with the idea that the Queen of Holay was traditionally a member of the Vingan cult at Filichet and is crowned pursuant to the Orlanth Rex rites. Since the submission of Holay to the Lunars, the Queen of Holay is normally a Hwarin Dalthippa cultist.

One thing is clear - Holay is not a matriarchy like Esrolia, but one of the many interesting Sairdite-Orlanthi kingdoms that formed in the wake of the wars against the EWF and in the chaos following the Dragonkill.

Jeff