Re: Flame of Sartar, reign of a King of Dragon Pass

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_po0TiLTFoWLmUZjThQe8w4l3-tNAT_epUd6z9Ld-EY-jtixY3L-6mkoRzwKarITuJ1rI>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:17:33 -0000

> Ian Cooper:
> >> 3: The inaugaration has ritual elements: regalia, lighting the
> >> flame. Like all rituals some elements may help it to succeed better;
> >> others may be mandatory.
>
> Adept
> > I disagree with the "lighting the flame" bit.

I think Ian is right. The Flame of Sartar is the physical manifestation of Sartar. Without the Flame, Sartar cannot bless the candidate - or the kingdom. Without the Flame, there is no magical wyter for the kingdom, thus no kingdom. Since the Lunars extinguished the Flame, a prospective candidate must now relight the Flame in order to become Prince.

Jeff