Re: Size of Glorantha

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_uQXv6W0Aopv6WNR4uUy7mIerXhkw7KoJkgNyREQ9R7MtWkRwTBMgizb5rmrCHawYnfo>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:04:27 -0000

I recently needed to get a grip of the size of the Holy Country, especially Heortland. (A small note to the original poster, seven million, or ten as I recall, for the Empire is a huge population in the ancient world. Look at pop. figures for the persian empire for instance).

At 500 000 inhabitants Heotland needs to be fairly big. I used Ireland as a model. I ended up with this.

Maps that give their scale in kilometers, get scaled up by a factor of three. Maps that have been adjusted by changing the km to miles, get scaled up by two.

That pops the distances and the population densities very nicely to classical figures. Or at least close enough that I'm happy with it.

The offiscial scale has been in use for so long that each of us GM's needs to adjust his/her own Glorantha so that it makes sense to him/her.

  -Adept