Re: EWF Trade

From: David Dunham <david_at_3jZ1p5QILdvJ4hVcSd9DxlJcA9vNpSV1B1KB8cMeJlYfS4Y6uEaKvqtTH0RQ6_0h5Gs3a7>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:25:33 -0700

Donald answered me

>Which part of Dragon Pass are you talking about?

Doesn't much matter from the Pelorian point of view. It's all the EWF heartland...

>IMO there is going to be a big difference between the northern part
>(3rd Age Tarsh) and further south. That's because it is feasable to
>transport bulk cargos by barge down the Oslir river. So I can see
>copper, woollen cloth and leather goods travelling north from that
>part.

Talastar is probably a big source of wool; I don't know that the empire would have to export cloth.

>>From further south it's going to be rarities and small valuable
>items like gems, jewelry and dyes. Maybe livestock although I
>suspect that doesn't go father north than Tarsh.

Kind of vague, though I realize my question was mighty broad.

>The EWF is an empire just like the Lunar one so will have goods
>travelling from the outer parts to the centre to pay taxes. What
>those goods are is going to depend on what's produced in the
>particular area.

IMG Anadikki pays tribute mostly in furs, Talastar mostly in wool. I haven't worked out Aggar. (These folk are all Pelorian, but subject to the EWF in 900 S.T.)

Dara Happa probably pays in gold.

But I'm more interested in knowing what comes north.

>I'm not clear on what cities existed in Dragon Pass during the 2nd
>Age.

This is pretty well documented in Glorantha: The Second Age (and King of Sartar). Orin Jistrel, Banjarn, Nevelmarkan, Salor, Olorost, etc.

>I'm assuming they were destroyed by the Dragonkill which would
>imply their ruins should appear on 3rd Age maps? Or are the 3rd Age
>cities built on the ruins of the EWF ones? Or perhaps the Dragons
>sucked the buildings into some other plane as part of the Dragonkill?

I think they're mostly ruins in the Third Age, probably shunned because the dragons destroyed them once...

--

David Dunham