Isidilian's slaves (was Re: EWF Trade)

From: jorganos <joe_at_jB8uE_tHoWMRo-cyS4zdVvvbWdH7UA0iC-GL44voyJGOayu2wei9rfOURlbvaNmgWKKTx_PM>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:05:52 -0000

Adept:

> Good guestion on the cannon cult. How long has Isidilian recided in
> Dwarf Run?

Since before the Dawn is for certain. Quite likely since before the Downland Migration. He appears to be "of the same charge" as Martaler of the Blazing Forge of Gemborg.

Isidilian appears to be an associate but not a member of Greatway. He may even have helped the Greatway refugees to settle after the Implosion of the Spike.

> If it's "forever" then I'd guess the humans of the cannon
> cult may well be a people remnant from the great darkness, who
> survived by seeking refuge with the dwarves of Isidilian.

I read the sources in the Dragon Pass boardgame as them being refugees from the Dragonkill and the subsequent Inhuman Occupation.

They may have brought their cave oxen with them, but Isidilian might as well have received them in trade (e.g. for use of his Alchemical Transformer) long before the Dragonkill.

I note that during the EWF all kinds of foreign customs and magics were established in the Dragon Pass area (like Delecti's stitching project, or the Pure Horse immigrants to the Praxian border region). My suspicion is that a lot of these came with ethnic minorities supporting them, so that EWF era Dragon Pass may have had numerous non-Orlanthi minorities adding lots of colour.