Mississippi and the Oslir Valley (was Re: EWF Trade)

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_ADZXofEnxS172IKV08BOLK5eGfceUBuBsUYbgXIbasO5JDuPH1NcBHUJN8dEAlkBFYU>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:04:47 -0000

> Adept:
>
> > Heh :) To me Glorantha resonates with ancient old world
> > civilizations. Mississippi is just too strange a mental leap for
> > me.

[Joerg]
> I think we Old Worlders may have been a bit too much European
> (plus Fertile Crescent) when thinking about Glorantha.

I know Greg is from California, but my players heads will spin if I'll try to introduce New World stuff where it's not needed. The ancient Dara Happa draws it's inspiration from such places like the city of Ur for me. With the coming of lunars there is exotic stuff of course. A new religion remeniscient of the hindu pantheon, maize and other things like that.

I'll still stick to flax :)

Interesting stuff on the no-cattle, no-metals farming there,

  -Adept