Re: EWF Trade

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_CEQ1AXdvq91r_LZsyg632EfEkGLvv1CK6s1G_UDf3avTeC7QgkNVx5XTeW0r4mUQregn8cF>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:15:30 -0700

YGWV
Jeff Richard wrote:

> FWIW, Greg and I have repeatedly discussed the Mississippi as a key
> inspiration for the Oslir. St. Louis is approximately where Alkoth
> would be and Memphis is where Raibanth would be. Obviously many of
> the details are wrong, but that's the mental image.

Which is not to say that I used the Mighty Mississippi as my image for the foundling civilization. Being American, and having driven all over this mighty continent, I have a pretty good idea of its size, and use my experiences for its imagery (Like, do you know that the southern Mississippi is so wide you can see the land on the other side? And hey! the northern Oslir is the same!)
But I am sure that anyone can see that the fledgling civilizations of Dara Happa are more similar to the Euphrates/Indus civilization than to the Mesoamerican derived civilization of the Mississippi.

As for cotton or linen? I don't know, and don't really care today.

--Greg