Re: EWF Trade

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_-_vqIpP752_gAPdF6OHbWiNlYetJCTlQKtOI-0mIg4RDNjrmZH6sSkfzHuT71HLjUG0Z>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:58:49 -0000

> There may not be a central authority as such but the leaders are all
> present at the Dragon's Eye. So there will be a support system for
> them and their senior followers there. That will requires taxes to
> support (possibly called tithes, donations or whatever). Plus a town
> will grow up around there to cater for all the visitors who have a
> need or right to consult the leadership. So there will be a flow of
> goods in that direction.

Not necessarily. I'm not sure the 9 members of the Eternal Dragon Ring are present at the Dragon's Eye - in fact, I am pretty sure that one (the Golden Dragon) is at Raibanth. Don't know where Isgangdrang or Lord Great Burin are located. Ingolf Dragonfriend is usually associated with Holay or Ralios. And so on.

Of course, the members of the EDR are worshiped as gods, and have their own priests, servants, scribes, whatever. These cults, temples a schools require lots goods and tribute from all over - to that extent, the EWF does resemble a conventional empire. Some of the senior dragon mystics require odd tribute, for example Erzidanang of Urnandle (also called the Devourer the Snake-King of Lakrene) requires many handsome youths (male or female) - and each week, the mystic kills and devours one youth. Others require gold and silver, immense amounts of food, or esoteric substances.

Jeff