Re: 2nd Age Languages

From: rurik_runespear <andrewlemery_at_CrxS1I9cgpp1sbpCNufmrEqdow2fRWk-WKiZEOyKqkxqyNNiVMBTX5ZAmrtXqBo>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 00:20:51 -0000

Thanks for the replies, they have been very helpful. I suppose Old Pavic and New Pavic are another obvious example of Second Age differences.

But next question is about Jrusteli. Based on RQ3's Genertela material (is there another source as comprehensive anywhere?) all of the Western languages are strongly related to Brithini (I imagine Brithrini is to the Western languages as Latin is to Romance languages) - but of course there is no mention of Jrusteli.

Is Jrusteli similiar to Brithrini? Is it a 'root' language of other Western languages as they spread their influence?

Another possibility is that it is very closely related to Seshnegi, perhaps even more or less the same language in the Second age.

Thanks again for any input.