Re:2nd Age Languages-Tradetalk

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_NlYV1kKe4dfXu9bcCDXuBHr0BgU2G2S6oJthfhSIUYI9fxbLuBo9Nc7cAeWzJTU>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:14:24 +1100

I like the idea of special rules for speaking but think it really depends on the group. I mean, I know some people hate this sort of thing, some enjoy it, and some are in between, depending on mood. Personally, I've had a lot of fun with word-games within the role playing context. Not with speaking tradetalk exactly, but with archaic histories of 'current' events, and Zorak Zoran poetry.

If you want suggestions for word-games that make tradetalk challenging in a fun way, limited sentences is good (although six seems too high a number to me), speaking as if in an advert might work, talking in rhymes all of the times, absolutely always alliteration, something non verbal like charades, speaking Nouns in a different voice to verbs, using only the present tense, speaking in the third person, erm, never saying Yes or No. That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Keith