Re: Holy days and High Holy days

From: Gerry Crowe <gerard_at_sZuXbLiGz7atz2KO9Rhck9v19fSGBzisW8z9f7zTYdYsPHTB8wn8VVSM9v0pQockSiZX1>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:25:28 -0000

<snip>

Excellent stuff, thanks Jeff.

However, that leads me on to another thing...what happens if a cultist can't make a holy day. Say he's stuck out in the middle of the Praxian desert, or on a boat out at sea, can he still perform the appropriate ceremonies by himself? Presumably he can try, but would he still find himself participating on a lesser scale, or would he simply go through the motions for his own spiritual wellbeing, without actually communing with his god? What would be the likely impact of that on him...I guess he would feel a real sense of loss, as though something very important in his life was missing, which in fact it probably is.

Thanks
Gerry

p.s. Apologies if this gets posted twice...having trouble with my email client today