Godworld intruding

From: jorganos <joe_at_-YNE7F3_mpus_zJZq7SQqiGP21snsSXe0VoKRoEYmtb7LX0nwPshD28pq2K1fLNbdkkX89Wc>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:40:00 -0000

Jeff Richard

> Greg has ok'ed me posting a snippet that he wrote for the
> forthcoming Book of Heortling Deities

And which has a couple of points on the nature of the Gloranthan cataclysms I'd like to stress:

> No mortal can live with gods.

[...]

> At certain times the two worlds come closer together, threatening to
> merge as they were before Time began. Such events are usually bad,
> because people are often drawn into that world, or demons loosed
> into this one.

Take note: this explains why events like the Sunstop, the Battle of Castle Blue, the Siege of Clanking City etc. are bad. It is not because of Chaos, it is because of an overabundance of myth.

Chaos is bad, anyway, but it is not to blame for most of the cataclysms. It may become a symptom (at the end of the Dawn Age), although I note that several of the chaotic effects in and around Dorastor were caused by non-chaotics like Talor (or ex-chaotics like Arkat).