Re: Yanafal Tarnils & Humakt

From: Kenrae <kenrae_at_huuf9lQftYjE9Jcl9akBEiZCamXA5i1tLrR7n2mOOK5r9y8hDfbyFhrEJysxN8ykquxI6>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:01:16 +0100

> Posted by: "Mark Galeotti" markgaleotti_at_TY_rHWWAt71OdYNbrhsTXuay89AWQSzXdi2QqEq7PfCDByYM2ey7fYI-8SilQUYURC2ZwWx79ON6veFAIeXK.yahoo.invalid theunspokenword
> Wed Nov 7, 2007 3:45 am (PST)
>
> On the subject of the Carmanian Humakt, the non-canon but Martin Laurie-
> approved affinities (in The Thieves Arm, p. 16) are Battle, Combat,
> Death -- to the Carmanians, while Humakt is of course an honourable
> warrior, his primary function is as the great divider, not his truth
> aspect.

Some time ago I had an idea on the full "different Humakts" thing (Heortling, Carmanian, some Dorastor broos, ...). The basic idea was that Humakt was a Great God just like Orlanth, Death impersonated, but that nobody was fully aware of that fact. Every culture adored only one aspect of the Great God, so there is the "Heortling" aspect, the "Carmanian" aspect, and even the "Chaotic" or "Broo" aspect. I think it makes a lot of sense.

Regards,
 -Sergi