North Pent

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_-wYeFjtPcScR9y_MNOSRsx_0SUHAV_2FENzGvtKNzIp3aM4X2E2O9AfBGctX8bBW8x>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:39:41 -0000

I have a whole bunch of questions about the area north of the main region of Pent. I'm hoping someone has some answers (or if these are in one of the books, can point me in the right direction. I'm not looking to get for free stuff that I could buy)

West of the White Sea there is The Glacier, providing a nice neat delimiter to human lands.

East of the White Sea, land tends to extend north to the edge of the map, those maps that I've seen anyway.

Is it just tundra that keeps going until you stumble into Somewhere Else (hero plane? edge of the sky world?) Or do you come to ice eventually? (be it glacier or frozen sea) Or something else? If you just wander in that Something Else, is there a recognizable divide?

Also, how far north is the territory of the pentans, and who, if anyone, lives north of them? (I assume Pentans roam as far north as there are grasses to graze on, but I don't know how far north that is). I'd assume trolls are likely at some point, but are there also tundra-dwelling humans of some sort? I seem to recall reading that there are wild herds of caribou/reindeer up that way, but without the associated hsunchen. Still, you would think those large herds could support some sort of culture....or maybe that culture is the aforementioned trolls?

Does the same general pattern apply in the Kingdom of Ignorance? That is, at some point it becomes tundra, there are ever more trolls, and if you somehow go far enough north you get to somewhere else? Or is there some other zone along there?

Regards;

-Bryan